Day 2...My Mom's famous Cranberry Salad

Thursday, December 23, 2010

 Day 2 
Ya-Ya’s Cranberry Salad
(Serves 8 or more)


What you need
2-3 oz packages of cranberry sugar free Jello 
(some places in the country i.e. in CA you cannot find cranberry jello so I sub for strawberry)
2 Cups of hot water
1 Bag of Fresh Cranberries
1 Whole Orange (navel, if possible)
1 Med. Can of Crushed Pineapple add juice to the jello mixture.
1-1/4 cup of sugar ( I use ½ cup of splenda)…but don’t tell dad! (this makes me laugh ;)
1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (I don't use the walnuts!)

How you do it
In food processor grind the cranberries well.
Section the orange. Set aside.
Add the jello to 2 cups of hot water, (in a casserole dish that can go in the refrigerator) stir, until dissolved, add pineapple and juice.
Add all of the other  ingredients in a bowl,
Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed.
Chill for several hours and then serve!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails