Day 3... Vic's Sausage Dressing....

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This is a family recipe.  I hope I don't get in trouble for putting it all over the internet
but it is the best dressing ever and I just had to share!

My grandmother wrote this recipe down for me and at the top she writes 
"Yankees call it stuffing, Southerners call it dressing."  
Which is funny 'cuz I just Goggled this and Ryan Seacrest did a whole tweet about it!  
He's from Atlanta so he knows ;)



Vic's Sausage Dressing
2-16 oz. Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing
1- 16 oz. Pepperidge Farm herbal stuffing
2 packages of Jimmy Dean sage sausage
3 Cups small diced celery
3 Cups small diced onions 
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 teaspoons dry sage ( I use fresh)
1 Teaspoon of poultry seasoning
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
3 sticks of butter to saute onion and celery
4 cups (more or less) of low sodium chicken broth
You can season with Lawry's too but be careful not to make too salty.

How you do it...
Saute onion and celery with butter and seasonings and set aside. Cook crumbled sausage, drain all the grease and put on paper towel to wick it all away. (You can do this days in advance.) 

Assemble in a large bowl all ingredients.  Mix with hands completely.  Spray 2-13x9 casseroles dishes and put in dressing.  Do not pat down! Bake on 350, until heated through ( about 30 mins)....ready to serve!




Missing my plated pic...but trust me it is Yummy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails