Day 6, 5, 4...Let's get the bake on...Christmas Cookies ;)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I know I missed a few days but I have been busy, getting ready for this weekend and for my parents who are coming TODAY! YEA!!! This is a different Christmas for us this year. It is the first time in 32 years, I have not been in the house, I grew up in, for Christmas morning...

My parents are so sweet...Santa still comes there every Christmas morning...

Any-who, with life things change and we are excited to start our own traditions and are thrilled not be getting on a plane with the little ones...

So here's my Sugar Cookie Recipe, which I kind of made up combining a couple I liked... 
I think they turned out really good! 

Sugar Cookies
2 Cups of Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Sticks of Butter
1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla

Cream butter in mixer, add in sugar, salt, vanilla and flour until thick. 
Roll or hand press out your dough. 
Get your favorite cookie cutters out and cut away.  
The trick is to leave them thick at least an 1/4 plus inch!


Place on a cookie sheet and place in oven on 350 degrees for about 8 Mins. 
DO NOT Over cook! You know how I am about things being dry! LOL!



Take off cookie sheet, let them COOL COMPLETELY and royal icing them up! 
I used the Royal Icing recipe from Joy of Baking!

Royal Icing Using Egg Whites:

2 large (60 grams) egg whites
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups (330 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
 
To get them the perfect color I used this Wilton Icing Coloring.
I bought at Joanne's Fabrics of all places.
Let cookies sit for at least 2 hours for icing to harden...then enjoy!

 Please excuse my transistion from stars to pumpkins...I forgot to take pics for the stars!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails