Summer Cocktail: Star Dazzler

Tuesday, July 19, 2011


I needed a Adult Only Summer Cocktail for the birthday party and after looking at a bunch I came to the conclusion that the one my mom makes would be the best....

It's not super sweet and I got LOTS and LOTS of compliments on it!

For Christmas my mom calls it Kris Kringle and for the summer she calls is the Star Dazzler ;)

I emailed her for the recipe and this is what she sent me...

I laughed out loud at the last sentence....
 

Laura,
You may have to play around with these ingredients a little, since I don't have my recipe here
(she was in Chicago visiting my sister):
 
I use the liter bottles of the soda:
Ginger ale
Fresca
Pink Grapefruit Juice, fresh, not canned...Tropicana has a good one in cold juice section
Bitter lemon.
 
Use equal parts of everything but the bitter lemon...I would guess a 3rd to each whole part.
I also add, fresh fruit slices, lemons, limes, oranges, just to make it pretty.
you can add, maraschino cherries or a splash of grenadine if you like for color...
 
It is a refreshing drink!  Don't get loaded..
Mom

This is what I did...
1/2 1.75 Liter Bottle of Vodka (Can use rum or Gin too)
1 1 Liter Ginger Ale
1 Liter of Regular Fresca
1 Liter of Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1 10 oz Bottle of Canada Dry Bitter Lemon
1 10 oz Jar of Maraschino Cherries
2 Lemons cut up for decoration


1 comment:

Rodziwicz Family said...

Does it taste the same without the vodka in it as well so that all ages can drink it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails