Cupcakes in a Jar

Monday, October 24, 2011

I have been wanting to try this for a while.  Last year at Christmas I tried making cupcakes in a jar and it was a disaster.  I cooked the cake batter right in the jar and it was so gross.  My family all ate them which was sweet but I could tell it was because they loved me not the cupcakes. I did a little more research and this time they turned out great.   They are actually really simple.

Make the cupcakes like normal.  Pick your favorite batter and bake.
Let them cool completely!
Make the frosting.   I like this recipe.
Cut them in half, horizontally.
Layer them in the jars.
Cupcake. Frosting. Cupcake. Frosting.
Add whatever you would like to the top. Sprinkles, fruit, chocolate chips, marshmallows or more.

Put on top or not.  They are really good too to make for someone bc they travel easily.
Happy Cupcake Making!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails