Southern Cooking.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I ♥ Southern cooking.   I love fried chicken, country fried steak, collard greens, succotash, black eyed peas, okra, boiled peanuts, grits... I just can't help it.  It's my favorite type of food to eat, mostly because  its what I grew up eating.

I remember when we moved out west my hubby and I were in Las Vegas and we asked for sweet tea, the waitress looked at us like we had four eyes.  Seriously!  She had no idea what we were talking about "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." 

I am getting to my point.  Southern cooking is having a spike in "trendiness" from NYC to Chicago to LA people are on the "grit"wagon and its moving fast. This month Bon Appetit's whole issue is dedicated to southern cooking.  The recipes in here are TO DIE FOR!  Check out this pan skillet-fried chicken...Yummy....Get this months Bon Appetit.  Its worth every penny.

Happy Southern Cooking :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails