The Big D!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dallas!

A bunch of my fellow Alpha Delta Pi's from The University of Florida
live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  It is a place I have always wanted to go.

Lisa my BFF picked me up and our first stop (so I could check it off my bucket list) was the flagship Neiman-Marcus in downtown Dallas. I was in heaven.  The store was beautiful and I was not disappointed. Everyone was so sweet, with lots of good ole' Texas hospitality.
The guy in the shoe department said "Honey, just try on as many shoes as you would like.  I am not busy." Ummm...that could get a girl in trouble... I didn't shoe shop but  I did get the girls their Easter dresses.
















Thanks to Lisa we got rooms at Hotel ZaZa.  So we went back there and checked in, and had a martini at the bar to catch up.

We meet up with our other girlfriends for dinner and drinks at Victor Tango's.  Which was a great suggestion from my friend Tiffany. VT has a great vibe, lots of young people (which is always fun for me because I live in a retirement area) and good tapas.  We all had so much fun hanging out and catching up.  Later that night we went to this hip lounge called Candle Room.  Super chill, fire place, couches and the DJ was awesome.





The next day we lounged around at the hotel (this is such a luxury for me having two little ones) and then went  shopping at NorthPark Center. WOW! Might have been some of the best shopping ever.  Anything you wanted/needed could be found in this mall.  It was Awesome.  I think I am the last person in the world to know that JCrew makes kids clothes call CrewCuts.  Everything is so cute!  I went a little crazy for Lily.  Everything is ruffled, sequined and sparkles.  I loved it! 





 (Lily in her new clothes!)





Later that night my friend Jenny was so great and got us tickets to the Mavericks game.  It was fun...we spent most of our time in the bar...that's what happens when you haven't seen good friends in a while you lose track of time...
We went to dinner at Ocean Prime.  It was just what we needed a good steak, great service and cool ambiance.  All the waiters had on white jackets.  There website calls it "The Modern American Supper Club." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sunday my flight didn't leave till late so we went to Lucky's where I are Waffles and Chicken Fried Chicken! Yup you read me right Waffles and Chicken Fried Chicken.  I had never heard of such a thing until I got to Dallas.  I guess it's their thing.  It was on every menu.  So I did as the Dallasions do and I ordered me some Waffles and Chicken. It might have been the best meal I have ever eaten.  I had to take a picture just because it was so interesting.  It comes with gravy!


Then we tried to find GWB's house.  He lives in Preston Hollow.  This area is gorgeous! This is as close as we could get.  Surprised Secret Service didn't get us. LOL.  It was on serious lock down ;)  Then went to Highland Park Village, for more great shopping.

I absolutely loved this city.  I came home and told Big Wally that I would move there in a heart beat.  I think we might try and go back in the fall together and see the Redskins (Wally's Fav Team) play the Cowboys in their new famous stadium {wink wink that's how I sold it at least!}

...fixed all my spelling mistakes, I think?!?!? ahhh....never ending :)

xoxo, Lily's Laundry
www.LilysLaundryBoutique.com
www.LilysLaundryBoutique.Blogspot.com

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So fun! I've always wanted to go to Dallas. And fun to see some familiar faces I haven't seen in like 9 years!

Unknown said...

It was the best. You should go! Hope all is well.

Dana said...

Fun times in Dallas :) Really great to see you! Lily and Claire are going to be precious in their ADORABLE Easter dresses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails