Sucre King Cakes for Mardi Gras

Wednesday, February 15, 2012


I have seen Sucre in NOL and then I saw them again in this months Garden and Gun (my current favorite magazine).  I ordered a gift basket for my Dad's birthday and he said it was fabulous.

For my family I ordered the famous king cake. 

Here's a little bio from Sucre: "The king cake is as rich in history as it is in flavor. Since the 1800s, New Orleanians have celebrated the beginning of the Carnival Season with a “King’s Cake” on Twelfth Night. A small plastic baby is inserted in the cake, and the reveler who finds it is said to have good fortune for the year. The recipient then continues the festivities by having another party and providing a King Cake. To read more about the Washington Post article, please visit our Blog post."
 My king cake should be getting here this week. I'll let you know who gets the baby.
 Mardi Gras is next Tuesday February 21st.  You still have time to order.  







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails